Tuesday, February 22, 2011

God Fearing Atheist

God Fearing Atheist

I'm a god fearing atheist, and its your god I fear
your wooden cross death-cult telling me to get saved
from original sin, so that I can get in-to
the next world you say is so much better then this.

This world with its rainbows, rain forests and rainstorms,
does it rain in your heaven, can you watch the sunrise?
Its easy to rape this world, and hoard all its treasure
when you care more about heaven and how to get there.


Its not just the Christians, the Jews or the Muslims,
all ye children of Abraham shedding each others blood,
so well have you spread the good word of your gospels,
even those who don't believe follow you out of fear.

I don't turn my back on your good works and charity,
but its the world you have made where we need those at all,
if we lived like this world was the heaven were seeking,
we would not steal from oysters to get pearls for our gate.

I have heard all the words of your carpenter prophet,
who built more then just houses with wood and with nails,
he talks about loving our enemies and neighbors,
and calls for peace while you take communion of blood.

Before you damn me to hell and say that I'm evil,
before I burn for all time like a witch on a stake,
before you throw stones to crush my blasphemous body,
lets take a moment to gaze at the stars ancient light.

It is that light that made everything that's around us,
it is the light of our sun that gives life to this world
this light that guides us as we wander in darkness
this light could be god, perhaps in this we agree.

We are all on this spherical lifeboat together
our blue haven of life spinning brave through the night
Any god that says life after death is much better...
I'm a god fearing atheist, and its that god I fear.

Kip Rabidou
1/5/2011


No comments:

Post a Comment